Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Indonesian childhood






I also thought about doing a series of stories based on me and my cousins growing up in Indonesia. That dome-headed little girl is me. My legs were skinnier though.
We lived in a little alleyway in front of the presidential palace. What inspired them to build the presidential palace right in front of some decrepit little alleyway is beyond me. During Bush's visit to Indonesia my family were put under week long curfew. We might be terrorists, it seems.

9 comments:

olgastern said...

Wow all these sketches you have been posting are really awsome jessie.
I love all the story ones from the indonesian childhood idea.
Really cool stuff.
Hope you develop it further.

Guhn said...

SECURITY CENTER: Look Please Here

pinky said...

awesome stuff jessie, I love your costume design stuff!

Sorrentino said...

Beautiful sketches!! your characters are really cute and I love the you draw buildings! You have a new fan!

Salar said...

Attention! See Please Here

Benjamin said...

:D nice! New sketches, adorable as always.


(I totally did know that Batu is a real place :P)

Bernice Gordon said...

Your sketches were ALWAYS amazing to look at. All the detail.. ALLL the detail! And the outfits. XD

lettie said...

:O!! thanks for linking me ! i dont think we ever met, but i adore your art! keep up the work!

jacks said...

well looky who has a blog